Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 3:08 PM EDT on March 11, 2014
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 1 PM Wednesday to 1 am
The National Weather Service in Pittsburgh has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow... which is in effect
from 1 PM Wednesday to 1 am EDT Thursday.
* Snow accumulations... 2 to 4 inches.
* Snow beginning... early afternoon.
* Period of most intense snow... late afternoon and evening.
* Snow ending... late Wednesday night.
* Impacts... strong wind will cause blowing and drifting of snow.
Travel will remain difficult due to areas of reduced visibility
and snow drifting over roads. Temperatures falling below
freezing and widespread development of icy roads.
* Winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Wind chills near -10 Thursday morning.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that
traveling will be inhibited due to slippery roads and reduced
visibility. Use caution when traveling and report snow
accumulation to the National Weather Service by calling 412-262-
1988... posting to the NWS Pittsburgh facebook Page... or using
Nearby Radar Stations