...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 4 PM CST Friday...
* location...Cass County in northeast Minnesota to Price County in northwest Wisconsin...including the Brainerd...Aitkin...and Hayward areas...and the Interstate 35 corridor in Pine County.
* Timing...very late this evening through the middle of Friday afternoon. The snow intensity will peak late tonight and Friday morning. There will then be a transition to a wintry mixture of light snow and sleet late Friday morning and afternoon.
* Snow accumulations...2 to 4 inches. Light sleet accumulation.
* Winds/visibility...light winds. Visibility could be less than one half mile at the peak of snowfall intensity.
* Impacts...travel conditions will deteriorate late tonight into Friday morning. Expect snow covered roadways to cause slick conditions and snowfall to briefly reduce visibility to less than a half mile at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory for mixed precipitation means a mixture of snow and sleet is expected. Moderate accumulations of snow and light accumulations of sleet are expected on untreated roads and sidewalks. Anyone with travel plans should be prepared for slippery roads and reduced visibility. Slow down when driving and allow for extra stopping distance because you may lose control of your vehicle if you try to slow down or stop quickly.