...Lake effect Snow Advisory remains in effect until 3 am CST Thursday...
* location...Douglas and Bayfield counties.
* Timing...lake effect snow will continue. Snowfall intensity will peak this evening and diminish overnight.
* Snow accumulations...widespread 4 to 6 inches over northeast Douglas County and much of Bayfield County. The highest amounts...about 6 to 8 inches...can be expected over the Highway 13 corridor in northern Bayfield County.
* Winds/visibility...gusty north winds will reduce visibility in the heavier snow bands to a half mile or less at times.
* Impacts...travel conditions will deteriorate this evening. Weather conditions will gradually after midnight.
A lake effect Snow Advisory Means Lake-effect snow is forecast that will make travel difficult in some areas. Lake-effect snow showers typically align themselves in bands and will likely be intense enough to drop several inches in localized areas. Use caution when traveling.