...Red flag warning in effect from noon today to 8 PM PDT this evening for wind and low relative humidity across fire weather zones or641 and wa641...
The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a red flag warning for wind and low relative humidity...which is in effect from noon today to 8 PM PDT this evening.
* Affected area...in orz641...fire weather zone 641 lower Columbia Basin of Oregon. In waz641...fire weather zone 641 lower Columbia Basin of Washington.
* Timing...main wind rh threats will be between 2 PM through 6 PM...but may linger in some areas.
* Winds...west 20 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Relative humidity...as low as 20 percent.
* Impacts...the combination of winds, low humidity, and critically dry fuels may result in rapid fire spread.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior.