...Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect until 1 PM EST this afternoon...
The National Weather Service in Burlington continues the Wind Chill Advisory bitterly cold wind chills...until 1 PM EST this afternoon.
* Locations...Champlain Valley of New York and Vermont...as well as northern...central and eastern Vermont.
* Hazard types...bitterly cold wind chills this morning.
* Wind chill readings...as low as 25 below due to temperatures 4 below to 4 above zero...and winds northwest 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Timing...bitterly cold wind chills will continue to develop this morning...before temperatures warm late this morning into early afternoon.
* Impacts...bitterly cold wind chills of this magnitude are capable of developing frostbite on exposed skin in less than 30 minutes.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that very cold air and strong winds will combine to generate low wind chills. This will result in frostbite and lead to hypothermia if precautions are not taken. If you must venture outdoors...make sure you wear a hat and gloves.
Please stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio...your local media...or go to www.Weather.Gov/Burlington for further updates on this weather situation.