...Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 7 PM this evening to 1 am EST Saturday...
The National Weather Service in Burlington has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow...which is in effect from 7 PM this evening to 1 am EST Saturday.
* Locations...Addison...Rutland...and Windsor counties.
* Hazard types...snow and blowing snow.
* Accumulations...3 to 5 inches of snow.
* Maximum snowfall rate...up to a half inch per hour...mainly Friday morning through early afternoon.
* Timing...light snow will begin this evening and continue into Friday...before tapering off late Friday evening.
* Impacts...snow and blowing snow will cause difficult driving conditions due to reduced visibilities and snow on roads...especially during the Friday morning commute.
* Winds...southwest 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Temperatures...lows tonight in the 20s. Highs Friday around 30.
* Visibilities...as low as one half mile at times in snow and blowing snow.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that visibilities will be limited due to a combination of falling and blowing snow. Use caution when traveling...especially in open areas.
Please stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio...your local media...or go to www.Weather.Gov/Burlington for further updates on this weather situation.