... Winter Weather Advisory now in effect until 4 PM EST this
The Winter Weather Advisory is now in effect until 4 PM EST this
* Areas affected: south central Virginia and interior northeast
* Hazards: freezing rain.
* Accumulations: less than one tenth inch ice accumulation.
* Temperatures: in the upper 20s to around 30 through midday and
early afternoon... then rising into the lower to mid 30s by late
* Timing: reezing rain through midday and early
afternoon... transitioning to all rain by late this afternoon.
* Impacts: hazardous travel due to ice covered roads... bridges
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Surry Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 10:25 AM EST on March 01, 2015