... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 1 PM this
afternoon to midnight EST tonight...
A Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 1 PM this
afternoon to midnight EST tonight.
* Areas affected: south central and southeast Virginia including
the Tri-Cities and the peninsula.
* Hazards: snow and sleet.
* Timing: rain will mix with sleet by early this afternoon. A
transition to a snow/sleet mix is expected by mid afternoon.
Precipitation ends as all early Thursday evening.
* Accumulation: snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches.
Trace amounts of ice are possible.
* Temperatures: mid 30s... falling into the upper 20s by early
* Winds: north 15 mph with gusts to 25 mph.
* Impacts: roads will become snow and sleet covered by mid to
late afternoon Thursday. Visibility will drop to around a
quarter- mile at times Thursday afternoon and early evening...
making travel dangerous.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibility... and use caution while
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Brunswick Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 6:23 AM EST on March 05, 2015