... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until midnight EST
A Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until midnight EST
* Areas affected: portions of central and eastern Virginia.
* Hazards: snow and sleet.
* Accumulation: 3 to 5 inches... along with trace amounts of ice.
* Temperatures: in the mid 30s... dropping into the mid 20s.
* Winds: north 10 to 15 mph... gusts to 20 mph.
* Timing: rain will begin to mix with sleet over the next few
hours... then transition to a snow/sleet mix after 10 am... becoming
all snow this afternoon through early evening.
* Impacts: roads will become snow covered by early afternoon
Thursday. Visibility will drop to around a quarter-mile at
times this afternoon and early evening... making travel
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow...
sleet... and ice are expected or occurring. Strong winds are also
possible. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Caroline Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 6:23 AM EST on March 05, 2015