Freezing Rain Advisory
Statement as of 6:25 AM EST on December 09, 2013
... Freezing Rain Advisory remains in effect until 9 am EST this
* locations... foothills and Piedmont of North Carolina... as well
as parts of Southside Virginia.
* Hazard types... patchy freezing rain.
* Accumulations... trace to one tenth of an inch.
* Timing... early this morning.
* Impacts... light ice will accumulate on trees and powerlines.
Untreated roads and sidewalks will become slippery and
hazardous... especially bridges and overpasses.
* Temperatures... near steady around 32 degrees early... rising
into the mid 30s by mid morning.
A Winter Storm Warning means severe winter weather conditions are
expected or occurring. Significant amounts of ice are forecast
that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If
you must travel... keep an extra flashlight... food... and water in
your vehicle in case of an emergency.
A Freezing Rain Advisory means that periods of freezing rain or
freezing drizzle will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads. Slow down and use caution while driving.
Nearby Radar Stations