...Freezing Rain Advisory now in effect until 6 PM EST this evening...
* precipitation type...freezing rain. Precipitation may start off as snow and sleet at the onset.
* Accumulations...ice accumulations less than one-tenth of an inch. Little or no snow and sleet accumulation.
* Timing...developing between 6 am and 8 am this morning...and continuing through the day. Areas of freezing rain may also continue into tonight...especially across the higher elevations.
* Temperatures...upper 20s to around 30 above 1500 feet. Lower 30s below 1500 feet.
* Winds...northeast 5 to 10 mph.
* Impacts...ice accumulations on roadways and sidewalks will result in hazardous conditions.
A Freezing Rain Advisory means that periods of freezing rain or freezing drizzle will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads. Slow down and use caution while driving.