... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 8 am EDT Monday...
* locations... the Alleghany Highlands... Roanoke valley... New
River valley... northwest North Carolina mountains and
foothills of the Blue Ridge in Virginia and North Carolina.
* Hazards... uprooted trees.
* Winds... northeast 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 or 45 mph.
* Timing... winds will remain gusty through Sunday night.
* Impacts... sporadic power outages and potential for blocked
roads due to trees falling over.
Typically... a Wind Advisory means that winds may gust in excess
of 40 mph. However... in this case... lesser winds speeds could
uproot trees with the ground being saturated and wet foliage from
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Floyd Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Statement as of 4:01 AM EDT on October 04, 2015
Statement as of 2:55 am EDT on October 04, 2015
... Record daily maximum rainfall tied at Blacksburg yesterday...
A record rainfall of 0.97 inch(es) was observed at Blacksburg
VA Saturday... 03 October 2015. This ties the old record of 0.97 set
in 1985. Records for Blacksburg VA date back to 1952.