... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from midnight tonight
to noon CST Thursday...
* timing... Arctic air will pour into the area after 6 PM...
freezing rain and sleet should begin around midnight and
continue through noon Thursday. Temperatures should rise above
freezing after noon Thursday.
* Main impact... freezing rain and sleet causing icing of 1/10 inch
and possibly higher. This will make for icy roads and hazardous
driving conditions. Iced tree branches may break in the strong
gusty winds accompanying the storm system.
* Other impacts... sidewalks... decks... and other surfaces may be
difficult to walk on.
A Winter Storm Warning means accumulations of snow... sleet...
freezing rain or freezing drizzle are expected or occurring. This
will cause considerable travel problems and may pose a threat to
life and property.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Llano Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 3:02 PM CST on March 04, 2015
Statement as of 3:00 PM CST on March 04, 2015
... Wind Advisory in effect from midnight tonight to noon CST
The National Weather Service in Austin/San Antonio has issued a
Wind Advisory... which is in effect from midnight tonight to noon
* Timing... midnight through noon Thursday
* winds... sustained at 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 40 mph.
* Impacts... typical issues with trash cans and other loose items
outdoors. However... when combined with freezing rain and
sleet... icing on tree branches may cause them to break in the
A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of 26 to 39 mph are
expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...
especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.