... Winter Storm Warning in effect from 3 PM this afternoon to
noon CST Thursday...
The National Weather Service in Fort Worth has issued a Winter
Storm Warning for freezing rain... sleet... and snow... which is in
effect from 3 PM this afternoon to noon CST Thursday. The Winter
Weather Advisory is no longer in effect.
* Timing... from 3 PM Wednesday through noon Thursday.
* Precipitation type... freezing rain... sleet... and snow.
* Accumulation... 1/10 to 1/4 inch of ice... then up to 3 inches of
sleet and snow possible.
* Temperatures... falling below freezing late afternoon to early
evening. Lows in the mid to upper 20s Wednesday night.
* Impacts... accumulating ice... sleet... and snow will create
hazardous travel conditions... beginning Wednesday evening and
continuing through Thursday morning.
Slow down and use caution while driving. Bridges and overpasses
will be the first places that icy spots will develop. Do not slam
on the brakes when approaching an icy bridge or overpass.
Instead... maintain a constant safe speed and coast across the ice.
If you start to slide or skid... calmly steer in the direction of
the skid to straighten the vehicle out and regain control.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Grayson Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 3:56 AM CST on March 04, 2015
Dense Fog Advisory
Statement as of 12:20 AM CST on March 04, 2015
... Dense fog advisory remains in effect until 6 am CST early this
* visibility... 1/4 mile or less at times.
* Impacts... reduced visibility will make driving hazardous.
A dense fog advisory means visibilities will be reduced to less
than one quarter mile. If driving... slow down... use your low-beam
headlights... and leave plenty of distance between you and the
vehicle ahead of you.