... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 4 PM EST this
* event... rain early then a wintry mix with freezing rain
changing to sleet and snow. Freezing rain accumulations of
less than quarter of an inch. Sleet and snow with
accumulations generally 1 inch or less.
* Timing... the wintry mix will continue until 4 PM EST this
* Impacts... Road conditions will become hazardous. When
traveling... slow down and drive with caution. Give yourself
extra room between you and the vehicle ahead of you. The ice
accumulations may down trees and power lines with localized
power outages possible.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet...
and/or freezing rain are expected or occurring... but
accumulations are expected to be light. Driving and walking may
be difficult on untreated roadways and sidewalks. Be prepared for
snow and ice covered roads and limited visibilities. If you must
travel... slow down and allow extra time to reach your
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Sullivan Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 4:42 AM EST on March 05, 2015
Statement as of 9:08 PM EST on March 04, 2015
The National Weather Service in Morristown, TN has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the North Fork Holston River near Gate City VA.
* From late tonight until Saturday afternoon.
* At 08:15 PM Wednesday the stage was 10.5 feet and rising.
* Flood stage is 12.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... rise above flood stage by early Thursday and continue to
rise to near 13.5 feet by Friday morning. The river will fall below
flood stage by Saturday morning.
* At 14.0 feet... County Road 614 is cut off 1 1/2 miles downstream
from the Highway 23 bridge.
Lat... Lon 3641 8283 3651 8288 3673 8235 3662 8233