Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 4:03 AM EST on December 10, 2013
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 11 am EST this
* event... freezing rain... switching over to snow... with snow
accumulations up to 1 inch possible. Ice accumulation up to one
tenth of an inch possible before precipitation ends.
* Timing... now through 11 am EST today.
* Impacts... hazardous driving conditions. Ice accumulations on
trees... power lines... and roadways... especially bridges and
overpasses. Snow briefly accumulating on top of ice.
Travel will likely become hazardous once the wintry precipitation
begins. Motorists need to be especially careful on bridges and
overpasses where slippery spots often develop first.
Statement as of 10:03 PM EST on December 09, 2013
For the Clinch River at Tazewell TN
* until further notice.
* At 9:30 PM Monday the stage was 9.7 feet.
* Flood stage is 12.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will rise to near 11.0 feet early Tuesday
* At 12.0 feet... flooding of pasture land near Grissom Island
begins. The city of Tazewell, Tennessee is not affected by flooding
of the Clinch River.
Lat... Lon 3632 8356 3637 8359 3659 8306 3659 8296
Nearby Radar Stations