... High wind watch remains in effect from Saturday evening
through late Saturday night...
A high wind watch remains in effect from Saturday evening through
late Saturday night.
* Timing... 600 PM Saturday through 200 am late Saturday night.
* Winds... northwest 30 to 45 mph with gusts up to 60 mph.
* Impacts... high winds can blow down large trees... and damage
roofs... small outbuildings... and signs. Sudden wind gusts can
cause drivers to lose control... especially in lightweight or
high profile vehicles. Strong winds can cause blowing
dust... reduced visibility... and flying debris.
A high wind watch means 40 mph winds... or gusts over 60 mph are
possible... but the timing or area is still uncertain. If your
activities are affected by strong winds... monitor a local source
of weather information for updated forecasts. Move lightweight
objects indoors before the winds increase so they are not
destroyed or cause damage.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Southern Meade Co Plains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
High Wind Watch
Statement as of 8:24 PM MDT on March 27, 2015
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 2:30 PM MDT on March 27, 2015
... Red flag warning in effect from noon to 9 PM MDT Saturday for
gusty winds... very low relative humidity values... and a cold
frontal passage for fire weather zones 260... 261 and 299...
The National Weather Service in Rapid City has issued a red flag
warning for gusty winds... very low relative humidity values... and a cold
frontal passage... which is in effect from noon to 9 PM MDT
* Affected area... fire weather zone 260 northern Black Hills...
fire weather zone 261 northwestern South Dakota plains and
fire weather zone 299 Wyoming Black Hills.
* Winds... afternoon winds west 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 40
mph... becoming northwest in the evening 30 to 40 mph with gusts
near 60 mph. Winds in the Black Hills will be weaker but still
* Timing... Saturday afternoon and evening.
* Relative humidity... as low as 15 percent.
* Temperatures... highs in the mid 70s to lower 80s on the
plains... 60s to lower 70s in the Black Hills.
* Lightning... isolated thunderstorms are possible very late
Saturday afternoon into early evening.
* Impacts... wildfires can spread quickly in the dead winter
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.