... High Wind Warning in effect from 1 am to 11 am CDT Sunday...
The National Weather Service in Aberdeen has issued a High Wind
Warning... which is in effect from 1 am to 11 am CDT Sunday. The
Wind Advisory is no longer in effect.
* Timing... strongest winds after midnight and toward Sunday
* Winds... northwest 30 to 45 mph with gusts to 55 mph... relaxing
* Impacts... travel may be especially hazardous for high profile
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Lyman Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
High Wind Warning
Statement as of 3:13 PM CDT on March 28, 2015
Fire Weather Watch
Statement as of 3:17 PM CDT on March 28, 2015
... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Sunday afternoon through
Sunday evening for wind and low relative humidity for fire
weather zones 267 and 270...
The National Weather Service in Aberdeen has issued a Fire
Weather Watch for wind and low relative humidity... which is in
effect from Sunday afternoon through Sunday evening.
* Affected area... in South Dakota... fire weather zones 267 and
* Winds... northwest 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 50 mph late
tonight ..relaxing some by noon on Sunday.
* Relative humidity... as low as 20 percent.
* Impacts... explosive fire growth due to strong wind... low
relative humidity and dry fuels is possible.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are possible. Listen for later forecasts and possible red flag