... Red flag warning in effect from noon today to 9 PM MDT
Wednesday for gusty winds... very low humidity... and cold frontal
passage for fire weather zones 261... 264 and 266...
The National Weather Service in Rapid City has issued a red flag
warning for gusty winds... very low humidity... and cold frontal
passage... which is in effect from noon today to 9 PM MDT
* Affected area... fire weather zone 261 northwestern South
Dakota plains... fire weather zone 264 badlands area and fire
weather zone 266 central South Dakota plains.
* Winds... south winds 15 to 30 mph this afternoon... becoming
northwest 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 50 mph early Wednesday
morning. Strong northwest winds continue through Wednesday
* Relative humidity... as low as 10 percent this afternoon and 15
percent on Wednesday.
* Temperatures... lower to mid 80s today... 60s on Wednesday.
* Impacts... wildfires can spread rapidly in the very dry fuels.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Ziebach Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 3:40 AM MDT on March 31, 2015