... Wind chill warning remains in effect from 1 PM this afternoon
to noon EST Sunday...
* locations... the south coasts of both Rhode Island and
* Hazard types... life threatening wind chills and strong wind
* Wind chill readings... as low as 27 below.
* Timing... the worst of the wind chills will occur tonight into
Sunday morning. The strongest wind gusts will occur this
afternoon and evening.
* Impacts... wind chills this cold can bring on frostbite in as
little as 15 minutes! Outdoor exposure should be limited in
these conditions. Strong winds this afternoon and evening may
down a few large tree limbs.
* Winds... northwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* Air temperatures... temperatures Saturday night into Sunday
morning will fall to near record cold values of near 5 below.
A wind chill warning is issued when the wind chill index is
likely to fall to -25 degrees or colder for at least 3 hours. A
wind chill index below -30 can bring about frostbite in as little
as 10 minutes. Outdoor exposure should be limited. If you are
heading outdoors... dress in layers and keep your hands and head
covered to protect against frostbite
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Bristol Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Wind Chill Warning
Issued: 7:00 AM EST Feb. 13, 2016 – National Weather Service