... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 3 PM this
afternoon to 4 am EST Wednesday...
* locations... south central and central mountains... .lower to
middle Susquehanna River valley.
* Hazard types... snow mixing with sleet... then changing to
* Accumulations... snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches...
followed by between a trace and one tenth of an inch of ice.
* Timing... snow and sleet will develop during the midday... and mix
with and change to freezing rain by late afternoon or early
evening. A complete changeover to periods of light rain is
likely over much of the south central mountains and lower
Susquehanna River valley. However... areas of light freezing or
freezing drizzle may persist for much of tonight throughout the
* Impacts... hazardous travel and slippery untreated walkways.
Isolated power outages possible where the freezing rain is
* Winds... south wind increasing to 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to
30 mph on the ridgetops.
Hazardous winter weather conditions are expected or occurring.
Use caution if traveling. For the latest weather information... go
to weather.Gov/statecollege or monitor NOAA Weather Radio.
Report snow or ice accumulation to the National Weather Service
State College by sending an email to ctp.Stormreports@noaa.Gov...
posting to the NWS State College facebook Page... or tweet
@nwsstatecollege with the hashtag c... T... p... W... x.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Lancaster Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 4:42 AM EST on March 03, 2015
- Bird In Hand
- Blue Ball
- East Earl
- East Lancaster
- East Petersburg
- Little Britain
- Mount Joy
- Mount Vernon
- New Holland
- New Providence
- Peach Bottom
- Silver Spring
- Terre Hill
- Washington Boro
- West Willow
- Willow Street