... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 3 PM Tuesday to
4 am EST Wednesday...
* locations... south central and central mountains... .lower to
middle Susquehanna River valley.
* Hazard types... snow mixing with sleet... then changing to
* Accumulations... snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2
inches... followed by a trace to up to a tenth of an inch of ice.
* Timing... snow and sleet will develop during the midday... and mix
with and change to freezing rain by late afternoon or early
evening. A complete changeover to rain is likely over much of
the south central mountains and lower Susquehanna River valley
* impacts... hazardous travel and slippery untreated walkways.
Isolated power outages possible where the freezing rain is
* Winds... south wind increasing to 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to
30 mph on the ridgetops.
Hazardous winter weather conditions are expected or occurring.
Use caution if traveling. For the latest weather information... go
to weather.Gov/statecollege or monitor NOAA Weather Radio.
Report snow or ice accumulation to the National Weather Service
State College by sending an email to ctp.Stormreports@noaa.Gov...
posting to the NWS State College facebook Page... or tweet
@nwsstatecollege with the hashtag c... T... p... W... x.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Adams Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 10:06 PM EST on March 02, 2015