Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 3:52 AM EST on December 08, 2013
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 10 am this morning to
10 am EST Monday...
The National Weather Service in State College has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow sleet and freezing rain... which is in
effect from 10 am this morning to 10 am EST Monday. The Winter
Storm Watch is no longer in effect.
* Locations... Laurel Highlands... west central mountains... central
mountains... and south central mountains.
* Hazard types... light snow changing to sleet and freezing rain.
* Accumulations... 2 to 4 inches of snow... followed by one to two
tenths of an inch of ice.
* Timing... light snow will overspread the area this morning and
continue this afternoon before mixing with and changing to sleet
and freezing rain late this afternoon and evening. Periods of
freezing rain and freezing drizzle will continue into early
* Impacts... hazardous travel conditions are probable due to
slick roads and icy conditions.
* Winds... southeast to 5 to 15 mph.
* Temperatures... in the upper 20s to around 30.
Hazardous winter weather conditions are expected or occurring.
Use caution if traveling. For the latest weather information... go
to weather.Gov/ctp or stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio.
Report snow or ice accumulation to the National Weather Service
State College by sending an email to ctp.Stormreports@noaa.Gov...
posting to the NWS State College facebook Page... or tweet
@nwsstatecollege with the hashtag #ctpwx.
Nearby Radar Stations
- Boiling Springs
- Camp Hill
- Carlisle Barracks
- East Pennsboro
- Hampden Township
- Messiah College
- Mount Holly Springs
- New Cumberland
- New Kingstown
- Silver Spring Township
- Upper Allen
- Walnut Bottom
- West Fairview
- West Hill
- West Pennsboro