...Red flag warning in effect from 11 am to 8 PM EDT Thursday for most of eastern Pennsylvania...
The National Weather Service in State College has issued a red flag warning...which is in effect from 11 am to 8 PM EDT Thursday. The Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* Affected area...most of eastern Pennsylvania.
* Winds...northwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts around 25 mph.
* Timing...late Thursday morning through early Thursday evening.
* Relative humidity...as low as 20 percent.
* Temperatures...in the upper 50s to low 60s.
* Impacts...the potential exists for rapid development and spread of wild fires...or for prescribed Burns to get out of control. Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures will create explosive fire growth potential.