...Winter Weather Advisory in effect until 1 am EST Friday...
The National Weather Service in State College has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for a wintry mix of snow...sleet and freezing rain...which is in effect until 1 am EST Friday.
* Hazard types...snow...with some mixed precipitation possible.
* Snow accumulations...a coating over eastern areas such as Harrisburg and York to as much as 3 inches over western locations such as Bedford and Altoona.
* Ice accumulations...a tenth of an inch or less.
* Timing...precipitation will develop across the region this afternoon...then taper off by around midnight.
* Impacts...hazardous travel due to deteriorating Road conditions.
Hazardous winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Use caution if traveling. For the latest weather information...go to weather.Gov/statecollege or monitor NOAA Weather Radio.
Report snow or ice accumulation to the National Weather Service State College by sending an email to ctp.Stormreports@noaa.Gov... posting to the NWS State College facebook Page...or tweet @nwsstatecollege with the hashtag c...T...p...W...x.