... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 3 PM Tuesday to 7 am
The National Weather Service in State College has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow and sleet changing to freezing rain... which
is in effect from 3 PM Tuesday to 7 am EST Wednesday.
* Locations... north central and Endless Mountains.
* Hazard types... snow... mixing with sleet and freezing rain.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches... followed by
one to two tenths of an inch of ice.
* Timing... snow and sleet will develop by early afternoon and mix
with sleet and freezing rain by late afternoon or and evening.
Patchy freezing rain will persist into early Wednesday morning.
* Impacts... hazardous travel.
* Winds... increasing from the south to 10 to 20 mph with gusts up
to 30 mph on ridgetops.
Hazardous winter weather conditions are expected or occurring.
Use caution if traveling. For the latest weather information... go
to weather.Gov/statecollege or monitor NOAA Weather Radio.
Report snow or ice accumulation to the National Weather Service
State College by sending an email to ctp.Stormreports@noaa.Gov...
posting to the NWS State College facebook Page... or tweet
@nwsstatecollege with the hashtag c... T... p... W... x.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Northern Lycoming Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 1:54 PM EST on March 02, 2015