Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 3:16 AM EST on December 13, 2013
... Winter Storm Watch in effect from late tonight through late
The National Weather Service in State College has issued a Winter
Storm Watch... which is in effect from late tonight through late
* Locations... all of central Pennsylvania.
* Hazard types... mainly snow. Some freezing rain possible.
* Accumulations... 6 to 8 inches of snow. A glaze of ice also
* Timing... snow will develop Saturday morning. The snow will be
heaviest during the afternoon and evening. Some sleet and
freezing rain may mix in Saturday evening and night. The snow
will taper off from southwest to northeast on Saturday night.
* Impacts... hazardous travel on snow covered and slippery roads.
* Winds... light Friday night... becoming east at 5 to 10 mph. Gusts
15 to 25 mph Saturday night.
* Temperatures... ranging from the lower 20s to lower 30s.
* Visibilities... below a half of a mile at times... mainly during
Saturday afternoon and evening.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is the potential for significant
snow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel. For
the latest weather information... go to weather.Gov/ctp or stay
tuned to NOAA Weather Radio.
Nearby Radar Stations