... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 1 PM this
afternoon to 4 am EST Wednesday...
* locations... northwest and west central mountains... Laurel
* hazard types... snow and sleet changing to freezing rain.
* Accumulations... snow and sleet accumulation of around 1 inch...
followed by up to a tenth of an inch of ice.
* Timing... snow will begin late this morning... gradually mixing
with sleet this afternoon. Precipitation will change to
freezing rain late in the afternoon or early evening and
continue through late Tuesday night.
* Impacts... hazardous travel conditions Tuesday afternoon
through early Wednesday morning. Isolated power outages are
possible where the freezing rain is heaviest.
* Winds... south wind increasing to 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to
30 mph on the ridgetops.
Hazardous winter weather conditions are expected or occurring.
Use caution if traveling. For the latest weather information... go
to weather.Gov/statecollege or monitor NOAA Weather Radio.
Report snow or ice accumulation to the National Weather Service
State College by sending an email to ctp.Stormreports@noaa.Gov...
posting to the NWS State College facebook Page... or tweet
@nwsstatecollege with the hashtag c... T... p... W... x.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Bedford Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 4:42 AM EST on March 03, 2015