Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 9:49 AM EST on December 08, 2013
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 10 am EST
* locations... Laurel Highlands... west central mountains...
central mountains... and south central mountains.
* Hazard types... light snow changing to sleet and freezing rain.
* Accumulations... 2 to 3 inches of snow... followed by one to two
tenths of an inch of ice.
* Timing... light snow will overspread the area this morning and
continue this afternoon before mixing with and changing to
sleet and freezing rain late this afternoon and evening.
Periods of freezing rain and freezing drizzle will continue
into early Monday morning.
* Impacts... hazardous travel conditions are probable due to
slick roads and icy conditions.
* Winds... southeast to 5 to 15 mph.
* Temperatures... in the upper 20s to around 30.
Hazardous winter weather conditions are expected or occurring.
Use caution if traveling. For the latest weather information... go
to weather.Gov/ctp or stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio.
Report snow or ice accumulation to the National Weather Service
State College by sending an email to ctp.Stormreports@noaa.Gov...
posting to the NWS State College facebook Page... or tweet
@nwsstatecollege with the hashtag #ctpwx.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 12:56 PM EST on December 08, 2013
The following are unofficial snowfall reports for the snow that is
occurring across southern PA.
********************Storm total snowfall********************
Location storm total time/date comments
... Adams County...
4 SSW Gettysburg 3.0 1255 PM 12/08 social media
Gettysburg 1.0 1157 am 12/08 social media
... York County...
Laurel 3.0 1249 PM 12/08 trained spotter
Hanover 2.0 1204 PM 12/08 social media
Nearby Radar Stations