...Freezing Rain Advisory remains in effect until 1 am EST Sunday... ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 1 PM Sunday to 1 PM EST Monday...
* ice accumulations...freezing drizzle tonight will lead to a trace of ice.
* Ice ending...freezing drizzle will dissipate or switch over to snow after midnight.
* Snow accumulations...4 to 6 inches.
* Snow beginning...light snow showers will be ongoing well before the advisory start time but accumulations will be minimal.
* Period of most intense snow...Sunday evening through early Monday morning.
* Snow ending...snow will begin to taper off early Monday afternoon with less intense snow showers the remainder of the day.
* Impacts...icy roads are possible tonight...use extra caution and reduce speeds when traveling...especially over bridges and overpasses. Hazardous travel conditions are expected Sunday afternoon due to snow covered roads.
A Freezing Rain Advisory means that freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for icy surfaces and use caution while driving. Report ice accumulation to the National Weather Service by calling 412-262-1988...posting to the NWS Pittsburgh facebook Page...or using twitter @nwspittsburgh.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that snowfall will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibility. Report snow accumulation to the National Weather Service by calling 412-262-1988...posting to the NWS Pittsburgh facebook Page...or using twitter @nwspittsburgh.