Winter Weather Advisory, Wind Chill Advisory
Statement as of 2:49 PM EDT on March 12, 2014
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 1 am EDT
... Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect from 1 am to noon EDT
* snow accumulations... 1 to 3 inches.
* Period of most intense snow... late afternoon and evening.
* Snow ending... late tonight.
* Impacts... hazardous travel conditions are expected due to snow
covered roads and temperatures falling below freezing causing
widespread development of icy roads.
* Winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Wind chills between 10 and 15 -Thursday morning.-
* Impacts... frost bite and hypothermia are possible if
precautions are not taken
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that
traveling will be inhibited due to slippery roads and reduced
visibility. Use caution when traveling and report snow
accumulation to the National Weather Service by calling 412-262-
1988... posting to the NWS Pittsburgh facebook Page... or using
A Wind Chill Advisory means that very cold air and strong wind
will produce low wind chill indices. This could result in frost
bite and hypothermia if precautions are not taken. If you must
venture outdoors... make sure you dress properly.
Nearby Radar Stations