... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from noon to 7 PM
* ice accumulations... a trace to .05 inch.
* Snow accumulations... less than an inch.
* Snow/ice beginning... precipitation will begin as a mix of
snow... sleet... and freezing rain by early afternoon Tuesday.
* Snow/ice ending... precipitation will change to all rain by
* Impacts... hazardous travel conditions are expected due to
snow... sleet and ice covered roads.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that snow... sleet... or freezing
rain will cause travel difficulties. Use caution while driving
and report snow and ice accumulation to the National Weather
Service by calling 412-262-1988... posting to the NWS Pittsburgh
facebook Page... or using twitter @nwspittsburgh.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Allegheny Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 9:01 PM EST on March 02, 2015
Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 9:43 PM EST on March 02, 2015
The Flood Advisory continues for
the Ohio River at Pittsburgh.
* Until Friday morning.
* At 09pm Monday the stage was 17.1 feet.
* Flood stage is 25.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will rise to near 18.8 feet Thursday early
* Impact... at 19.0 feet... water begins to flow onto the North Shore
riverwalk between the stadiums.
Lat... Lon 4043 7999 4045 8005 4047 8003 4045 8001
4046 7999 4045 7998
902 PM EST Mon Mar 2 2015
... Flood Watch remains in effect from Tuesday evening through
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of western Maryland... east central Ohio...
Pennsylvania and West Virginia... including the following
areas... in western Maryland... Garrett. In east central Ohio...
Belmont... Guernsey... Harrison... Jefferson OH... Monroe...
Muskingum and Noble. In Pennsylvania... Allegheny... Armstrong...
Beaver... Butler... Fayette... Fayette ridges... Greene...
Indiana... Washington... Westmoreland and Westmoreland ridges.
In West Virginia... Brooke... Hancock... Marion... Marshall...
Monongalia... Ohio... Preston... Tucker and Wetzel.
* From Tuesday evening through Wednesday evening
* low pressure will bring warmer temperatures and widespread rain
Tuesday night into Wednesday. An inch to an inch and a half of
rain is possible through the watch period. This coupled with
snow melt and ice on area streams could combine to cause
flooding of streams and creeks throughout the area.
* Persons along any streams... creeks and rivers should monitor
water levels and be prepared to take action should flooding
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
857 PM EST Mon Mar 2 2015
The Flood Watch continues for
the Monongahela river near Elizabeth
* from late Wednesday night to late Thursday night.
* At 8:15 PM Monday the stage was 11.7 feet.
* Minor flooding is possible.
* Flood stage is 20.0 feet.
* Forecast... flood stage may be reached by Thursday morning.
Nearby Radar Stations
- Allison Park
- Baldwin Township
- Ben Avon
- Bethel Park
- Buena Vista
- Bulk Mail Center
- Caste Village
- Castle Shannon
- East Liberty
- East McKeesport
- East Pittsburgh
- Forest Hills
- Fox Chapel
- Green Tree
- Jefferson Hills
- McKees Rocks
- Moon Township
- Mount Lebanon
- Mount Oliver
- Mount Washington
- Natrona Heights
- Neville Island
- North Versailles
- Penn Hills
- Pittsburgh International Airport
- Pleasant Hills
- Port Vue
- Rural Ridge
- South Hills
- South Park
- Squirrel Hill
- Turtle Creek
- Upper Saint Clair
- West Elizabeth
- West Homestead
- West Mifflin
- West View
- White Oak