Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 3:08 PM EDT on March 11, 2014
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 11 am Wednesday to 4 am
The National Weather Service in Pittsburgh has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow... which is in effect
from 11 am Wednesday to 4 am EDT Thursday.
* Snow accumulations... 4 to 6 inches.
* Snow beginning... Wednesday morning. Snow will be mixed with
sleet at the start.
* Period of most intense snow... Wednesday afternoon and evening.
* Snow ending... toward daybreak Thursday.
* Impacts... strong wind will cause blowing and drifting of snow.
Travel will remain difficult due to areas of reduced visibility
and snow drifting over roads. Temperatures falling below
freezing and widespread development of icy roads.
* Winds... north 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Wind chills near -10 Thursday morning.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that
traveling will be inhibited due to slippery roads and reduced
visibility. Use caution when traveling and report snow
accumulation to the National Weather Service by calling 412-262-
1988... posting to the NWS Pittsburgh facebook Page... or using
Nearby Radar Stations
- East Brady
- Fairmount City
- New Bethlehem
- Saint Petersburg
- Turkey City