... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 3 PM this
afternoon to 7 am EST Wednesday...
* locations... north central and Endless Mountains.
* Hazard types... snow... mixing with sleet and freezing rain.
* Accumulations... snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches...
followed by one to two tenths of an inch of ice.
* Timing... snow and sleet will develop by early this afternoon and
mix with sleet and freezing rain by late this afternoon or this
evening. Patchy freezing rain or freezing drizzle will persist
into early Wednesday morning.
* Impacts... hazardous travel. Scattered power outages are
possible due to the weight of the ice on power lines and trees.
* Winds... increasing from the south to 10 to 20 mph with gusts
up to 30 mph on ridgetops.
Hazardous winter weather conditions are expected or occurring.
Use caution if traveling. For the latest weather information... go
to weather.Gov/statecollege or monitor NOAA Weather Radio.
Report snow or ice accumulation to the National Weather Service
State College by sending an email to ctp.Stormreports@noaa.Gov...
posting to the NWS State College facebook Page... or tweet
@nwsstatecollege with the hashtag c... T... p... W... x.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Cameron Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 4:42 AM EST on March 03, 2015