... Winter Weather Advisory now in effect from 1 PM to 9 PM EST
* ice accumulations... up to .10 inch.
* Snow accumulations... less than an inch.
* Snow/ice beginning... precipitation will begin as snow... and
then quickly mix with sleet and freezing rain by midafternoon.
* Period of most intense snow/ice... mid to late afternoon.
* Snow/ice ending... precipitation will change to all rain during
the early evening.
* Impacts... hazardous travel conditions are expected due to
snow... sleet and ice covered roads.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that snow... sleet... or freezing
rain will cause travel difficulties. Use caution while driving
and report snow and ice accumulation to the National Weather
Service by calling 412-262-1988... posting to the NWS Pittsburgh
facebook Page... or using twitter @nwspittsburgh.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Forest Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 9:01 PM EST on March 02, 2015