... Wind chill warning in effect from 4 am Saturday to 11 am EST
The National Weather Service in State College has issued a wind
chill warning... which is in effect from 4 am Saturday to 11 am
EST Sunday. The wind chill watch is no longer in effect.
* Locations... the northwest and north central mountains of
* Hazard types... dangerously cold wind chills.
* Wind chills... falling to between 20 and 25 below zero by
daybreak Saturday then staying in that range right through much
of Sunday morning.
* Impacts... potential frostbite to exposed skin in 15 to 30
* Winds... southwest 10 to 20 mph... shifting to the northwest 10 to
20 mph tonight... with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Temperatures... falling to near or slightly below zero tonight
and Saturday... then down to around 10 below zero Saturday night.
If you will be outdoors... dress in layers and wear a hat and
gloves. Young children... the elderly and the homeless are
especially vulnerable to the cold. Appropriate action should be
taken to ensure pets have adequate protection from the cold
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Potter Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Wind Chill Warning
Issued: 1:11 PM EST Feb. 12, 2016 – National Weather Service