Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 3:52 AM EST on December 08, 2013
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to
10 am EST Monday...
The National Weather Service in State College has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow sleet and freezing rain... which is in
effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 10 am EST Monday.
* Locations... northwest and north central mountains southward
through the Lycoming valley.
* Hazard types... snow mixing with sleet and freezing rain.
* Accumulations... one to two inches of snow... followed by less
than a tenth of an inch of ice.
* Timing... light snow will overspread the area late this morning
and early this afternoon and continue into this evening before
mixing with sleet and freezing rain. Areas of freezing rain and
freezing drizzle will persist into Monday morning.
* Impacts... hazardous travel conditions are probable due to
slick roads and icy conditions.
* Winds... southeast 5 to 15 mph.
* Temperatures... in the upper 20s.
Hazardous winter weather conditions are expected or occurring.
Use caution if traveling. For the latest weather information... go
to weather.Gov/ctp or stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio.
Report snow or ice accumulation to the National Weather Service
State College by sending an email to ctp.Stormreports@noaa.Gov...
posting to the NWS State College facebook Page... or tweet
@nwsstatecollege with the hashtag #ctpwx.
Nearby Radar Stations