...Wind Advisory now in effect until 10 PM PST this evening... ...High Wind Warning remains in effect until 10 PM PST this evening...
The Wind Advisory is now in effect until 10 PM PST this evening. A High Wind Warning remains in effect until 10 PM PST this evening.
* Winds: south to southwest 25 to 30 mph with gusts up to 55 mph in the advisory area and 35 to 45 mph with gusts up to 70 mph in the warning area. Strongest winds are expected near Summer Lake and in the mountains.
* Timing: winds will peak this morning through this afternoon then diminish Sunday evening.
* Locations in the warning area include: along Oregon Highway 31 from Paisley to Summer Lake... along California Highway 299 near Cedar Pass... and in the mountains in eastern Klamath...lake and eastern Modoc counties.
* Locations in the advisory area include: US Highway 395 between Valley Falls and Alkali Lake... portions of Oregon Highway 31 in Lake County...portions of Oregon Highway 140 east of Lakeview...and higher terrain in eastern Klamath...lake and eastern Modoc counties.
* Impacts: high winds will make travel difficult on area roadways. High profile vehicles will be most impacted. East to west oriented roads will experience the worst cross winds. Highway 31 between Paisley and Summer Lake may be severely impacted. Residents in the area should secure loose items and use caution when venturing outdoors.
* View the hazard area in detail at http://go.USA.Gov/zyv5
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage. Travel will be impacted... especially for high profile vehicles.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected with higher gusts possible. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.