...Red flag warning remains in effect until 5 PM PDT Wednesday for thunderstorms producing abundant lightning across fire weather zones or610...or611 and or640...
A red flag warning remains in effect until 5 PM PDT Wednesday.
* Affected area...in orz610...fire weather zone 610 east slopes of central Oregon Cascades. In orz611...fire weather zone 611 Deschutes National Forest minus Sisters -Ranger district. In orz640...fire weather zone 640 central mountains of Oregon.
* Timing...storms will continue to develop and occasional scattered thunderstorms will be possible through Wednesday afternoon.
* Thunderstorms...some storms may become strong with outflow winds around 40 mph and hail.
* Precipitation...there will be a mix of wet and dry storms with anywhere from a few hundredths of an inch to over one quarter of an inch of rain possible.
* Lightning activity level...3 to 4.
* Impacts...frequent lightning and critically dry fuels may result in numerous fire starts.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior.