...High Wind Warning remains in effect from 11 PM this evening to 5 PM PDT Saturday...
A High Wind Warning remains in effect from 11 PM this evening to 5 PM PDT Saturday.
* Winds...south 45 to 55 mph with gusts to 80 mph.
* Timing...late this evening into Saturday evening.
* Locations include: Mount Ashland and Siskiyou Summit.
* Impacts...these winds can cause travel difficulties...especially for high profile vehicles. In addition...since it is still hunting season...hunters should be aware that winds will be even stronger in the surrounding mountains. This could bring down branches and cause trees to fall.
* View the hazard area in detail at http://go.USA.Gov/zyv5
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 50 mph or gusts of 75 mph or more can lead to property damage. Travel will be impacted... especially for high profile vehicles.