...Air stagnation advisory remains in effect until 1 PM PST Sunday... ...Dense fog advisory in effect until 10 am PST this morning...
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a dense fog advisory...which is in effect until 10 am PST this morning. An air stagnation advisory remains in effect until 1 PM PST Sunday.
* Dense fog and freezing fog: areas of dense fog are expected in the rogue...Illinois...and Applegate valleys this morning. Significantly reduced visibility will make driving difficult. Additionally...freezing conditions in the Illinois and Applegate valleys...and in Medford...could result in some slippery roads.
* Synopsis: valley inversions will remain strong through Sunday morning. A front is expected to move through later Sunday and Sunday night which will disrupt the inversions and improve air quality.
* Locations include: Grants Pass...Cave Junction...Medford... Ashland.
* Impacts: air quality will deteriorate if significant pollution particulates accumulate. These particulates could make breathing more difficult for those with respiratory ailments.
* View the hazard area in detail at http://go.USA.Gov/zyv5
An air stagnation advisory indicates that...due to limited movement of an air mass across the advisory area...pollution could increase to levels that affect health.
A dense fog advisory means visibilities will frequently be reduced to less than one quarter mile. If driving...slow down...use your headlights...and leave plenty of distance ahead of you.