Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 7:36 PM PST on December 04, 2013
... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from late Thursday night
through Friday evening...
A Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from late Thursday night
through Friday evening.
* Snow accumulations... 3 to 6 inches. Elevations below 1000 feet
may see lesser amounts. Higher amounts are expected in the
* Timing... snow will begin early Friday morning between 4 am
and 8 am PST. Most of the snowfall will occur in the morning
through 7 PM PST.
* Locations include: Cave
Junction... Medford... Ashland... Phoenix... Talent... much of the
Illinois Valley... and areas around Grants Pass.
* Winds... winds will be light and variable at 10 mph or less.
* Impacts... due to cold temperatures ahead of this storm system
snow is expected to accumulate on untreated roadways on
Friday. Travel impacts are expected on all area roadways to
include Interstate 5. It's strongly recommended people be
prepared for slippery conditions.
* For a detailed view of the hazard area... visit
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
Statement as of 04:35 PM PST on December 04, 2013
... Record low temperature set at Medford or...
a record low temperature of 18 degrees was set at Medford or today.
This breaks the old record of 19 set in 1959.
Nearby Radar Stations