South Central Oregon Coast
High Wind Warning
Statement as of 12:43 PM PST on March 08, 2014
... High Wind Warning in effect from 7 PM this evening to 1 am PST
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a High Wind
Warning... which is in effect from 7 PM this evening to 1 am PST
* Winds... south winds increasing to 40 to 45 mph with gust to near
* Timing... this evening to shortly after midnight.
* Locations include: Bandon... Port Orford.
* Impacts... strong winds may create dangerous driving conditions
especially along Highway 101 between Bandon and Port Orford.
* View the hazard area in detail at http://go.USA.Gov/zyv5
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage. Travel will be
impacted... especially for high profile vehicles.
Nearby Radar Stations