...High Wind Warning in effect from 11 am to 5 PM PDT Saturday...
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a High Wind Warning...which is in effect from 11 am to 5 PM PDT Saturday.
* Winds...south 35 to 50 mph with gusts to 70 mph along the coast between Cape Arago and Gold Beach.
* Timing...late Saturday morning into Saturday evening.
* Locations in the warning area include: Cape Arago...Cape Blanco...Port Orford and Gold Beach.
* Impacts...the strongest winds are expected at exposed locations along Highway 101 and at coastal headlands. This will create difficult driving conditions for high profile vehicles.
* View the hazard area in detail at http://go.USA.Gov/zyv5
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected. Sustained wind speeds of at least 50 mph or gusts of 75 mph or more can lead to property damage. Travel will be impacted... especially for high profile vehicles.