... Red flag warning now in effect until 11 PM PDT Friday for
hot... dry... and unstable conditions combined with dry fuels for
fire weather zones or604... or605... or606... or607 and or608...
* affected areas... this includes Mt Hood National Forest west of
the Cascade crest... Willamette National Forest west of the
Cascade crest... and the Willamette Valley and adjacent
* Timing... this afternoon through Friday evening.
* Stability... mid level Haines 6 conditions continuing through
* Relative humidity... 10 to 20 percent in many areas. Overnight
recoveries will be limited along and above thermal belts.
* Temperatures... generally 95 to 100 over The Lowlands... and 80s
to low 90s in the higher elevations.
* Impacts... the combination of an increasingly hot... dry... and
unstable environment and very dry fuels may result in rapid
growth of new or existing fires.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of the
above conditions can contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Northern Oregon Cascades Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 2:45 PM PDT on July 29, 2015