The Flood Warning continues for
the Little River at Horatio, Arkansas.
* Until Sunday morning... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 900 am Tuesday the stage was 29.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and major flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 27 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 31.4 feet by
Thursday morning. The river will fall below flood stage Saturday
* Impact... at 30.0 feet... ranchers should evacuate cattle and farm
machinery to higher ground and have preparations complete for a
major flood. Expect considerable lowland flooding of several
hundred acres of grazing and farming land. Expect major backwater
flooding of small tributaries at their confluence with the Little
River such as the cossatot and the Rolling Fork river. Also rising
lake levels from Millwood Reservoir will close the boat ramp at
Wilton, Arkansas through much of June.
Lat... Lon 3397 9458 3391 9434 3376 9404 3381 9431 3395 9459
936 am CDT Tue may 26 2015
... The Flood Warning extended until Friday afternoon... the Flood
Warning continues for
the Little River near Idabel, Oklahoma.
* Until Friday afternoon... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 830 am Tuesday the stage was 32.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 30 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 33.9 feet by
Wednesday morning. The river will fall below flood stage Thursday
* Impact... at 34.0 feet... farmers and ranchers should have
preparations completed for a major flood with all cattle and farm
machinery evacuated. Thousands of acres of lowland in the Little
River flood plain will be flooded and several secondary roads and
bridges will be cut off.
Lat... Lon 3403 9494 3395 9477 3397 9458 3394 9458 3393 9489
916 am CDT Tue may 26 2015
The Flood Warning continues for
the Red River near DeKalb, Texas at Pecan Point.
* Until further notice... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 800 am Tuesday the stage was 32.4 feet.
* Major flooding is occurring and major flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 24 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 34.1 feet by
Thursday morning then begin falling.
* Impact... at 34.5 feet... near record flooding of some tens of
thousands of acre will continue. Severe backwater flooding of Pecan
and Nolan creeks occurs. The U.S. Highway 259 bridge is closed, as
well as Texas Highway bridges 8 and 37.
* This crest compares to a crest of 34.42 feet set during may 6 of
Lat... Lon 3397 9516 3367 9448 3359 9448 3367 9475 3391 9516
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
McCurtain Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Statement as of 9:36 AM CDT on May 26, 2015
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 10:20 PM CDT on May 26, 2015
... NWS damage survey for may 25 2015 severe weather event...
.Tornado #3 in Rusk County in northeast Texas...
estimated peak wind: 115-125 mph
path length /statute/: 19.44 miles
path width /maximum/: 600 yards
Start date: may 25 2015
start time: 647 PM CDT
start location: 9.20 miles WSW of Henderson TX
start lat/lon: 32.1177 / -94.9438
End date: may 25 2015
end time: 706 PM CDT
end location: 10.22 miles ENE of Henderson TX
end lat/lon: 32.2133 / -94.6311
Survey summary: the damage primarily consisted of numerous snapped and
uprooted trees... and several snapped power poles. Several homes in and
around Henderson received minor to moderate damage. Embedded in the
damage path were distinct areas of strong wind speeds. Two separate
swaths of considerable tree damage were noted... one about 5 miles
west-southwest of Henderson and another about 7 miles east-northeast
Ef scale: the Enhanced Fujita scale classifies
tornadoes into the following categories.
EF0... weak... ... 65 to 85 mph
EF1... weak... ... 86 to 110 mph
EF2... strong... .111 to 135 mph
EF3... strong... .136 to 165 mph
EF4... violent... 166 to 200 mph
EF5... violent... >200 mph
the information in this statement is preliminary and subject to
change pending final review of the event and publication in
NWS storm data.