Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 5:55 AM CST on December 05, 2013
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 6 PM CST Friday...
A Winter Storm Warning is in effect...
For the following counties...
* in Oklahoma... Cherokee... Adair... Okfuskee... Okmulgee...
Wagoner... Mayes... Delaware... McIntosh and Muskogee. In
Arkansas... Washington... Madison... Benton and Carroll.
* precipitation will start today as freezing rain or freezing
rain and sleet mixed. That mixture will transition in time
to just sleet and then sleet and snow before finally just snow.
Some freezing rain accumulation is possible... but the bulk of
the precipitation will fall as sleet and snow.
* Four to seven inches of snow and sleet accumulation is expected
by 6 PM CST Friday along with less than one quarter inch
* travel will become very hazardous or impossible. Power outages
are possible in areas where the transition from freezing rain to
sleet is slowest.
* delay travel and stay home if possible until conditions improve.
* Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio... commercial radio or
television for the latest information concerning this weather
event. Additional weather information can also be found at:
Nearby Radar Stations