The Flood Warning continues for
the Washita river near Dickson.
* From late tonight to late Sunday night... or until the warning is
* At 12:30 am Friday the stage was 7.5 feet.
* Major flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 27.0 feet.
* Forecast... the Washita river will rise above flood stage early
Saturday morning and crest near 31.7 feet early Sunday morning. The
Washita river will fall below flood stage late Sunday evening.
* Impact... at 32.0 feet... flood depths up to 7 feet extend damages
along the Washita River Valley... from near Davis in Murray
County... to near Dickson in Carter County... to the headwaters of
Lake Texoma in Johnston County. Many homesteads could be flooded or
isolated. Over 6 thousand acres of agricultural lands are covered.
Any flooding on tributary creeks is increased by backwater from the
Lat... Lon 3451 9720 3451 9710 3427 9694 3426 9670
3418 9670 3418 9700
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Johnston Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Statement as of 1:19 AM CST on November 27, 2015
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:50 AM CST on November 27, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Saturday
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of southeast Oklahoma and southern Oklahoma...
including the following areas... in southeast Oklahoma...
Atoka... Bryan... Coal... Johnston and Marshall. In southern
* Timing... through Saturday afternoon.
* Rainfall amounts... total amounts by late today reaching 5 to 7
inches over much of the watch area.
Monitor weather forecasts and information. Make plans to get to
higher ground if flooding happens.