... Flood Warning extended until late Tuesday night...
the Flood Warning continues for
the Washita river near Dickson.
* Until late Tuesday night... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 2:30 am Saturday the stage was 29.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 27.0 feet.
* Forecast... the Washita river will continue rising and crest near
30.9 feet early Sunday afternoon. The Washita river will fall below
flood stage Tuesday evening.
* Impact... at 31 feet... flood depths up to 6 feet extend damages
along the Washita River Valley... from near Davis in Murray
County... to near Dickson in Carter County... to the headwaters of
Lake Texoma in Johnston County. Many homesteads could be flooded or
isolated. Nearly 6 thousand acres of agricultural lands are
covered. Any flooding on tributary creeks is increased by backwater
from the river.
Lat... Lon 3451 9720 3451 9710 3427 9694 3426 9670
3418 9670 3418 9700
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Murray Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Statement as of 2:52 AM CDT on May 23, 2015
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:42 AM CDT on May 23, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Monday morning...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* all of western... central... and southern Oklahoma... and western
* Through Monday morning
* 2 to 5 inches of rainfall... with locally higher amounts will
Monitor weather forecasts and information. Avoid travel in
flooded areas... and make plans to get to higher ground if
flooding develops or worsens in your area.
Statement as of 1:45 am CDT on May 23, 2015
... Record cool maximum temperature set at Wichita Falls on Friday...
The maximum temperature at Wichita Falls Friday was 61 degrees.
This breaks the old record cool maximum of 62 degrees for may
22nd. That record was set in 1943.
Temperature records for Wichita Falls date back to 1923.