Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 8:22 PM EST on December 05, 2013
... Winter Weather Advisory now in effect from 7 am Friday to
midnight EST Friday night...
* ice accumulations..a trace locally... especially in Ohio.
* Snow and sleet accumulations... 1 to 3 inches... highest totals
will likely be in Pennsylvania.
* Snow/sleet beginning... rain will change to sleet beginning early
* Period of most intense snow/sleet... sleet will slowly mix with
snow by Friday late afternoon. The heaviest sleet and snow will
be possible late Friday afternoon and evening.
* Snow ending... Friday night.
* Ice... freezing rain may mix with sleet late Friday afternoon
into Friday evening.
* Impacts... hazardous travel conditions due to snow... sleet and
* Winds... north 5 to 10 mph.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that snow... sleet... or freezing
rain will cause travel difficulties. Use caution while driving
and report snow and ice accumulation to the National Weather
Service by calling 412-262-1988... posting to the NWS Pittsburgh
facebook Page... or using twitter @nwspittsburgh.
Nearby Radar Stations