Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 7:56 PM EST on December 19, 2013
... Flood Watch remains in effect from Saturday morning through
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of east central Ohio and Pennsylvania... including the
following areas... in east central Ohio... Carroll...
Columbiana... Coshocton... Muskingum and Tuscarawas. In
Pennsylvania... Forest... Lawrence... Mercer and Venango.
* From Saturday morning through Sunday afternoon
* rain begins: light rain will develop on Friday. Periods of
light rain will continue through Friday night.
* Period of heaviest rainfall: periods of heavier rain Saturday
and Saturday night/
* rainfall ends: with the passage of a cold front by Sunday
* Temperatures: 45 to 50 Friday... 50 to 55 Saturday... near 60
Sunday. These readings should fully melt all snow on the ground
currently... adding to the runoff from falling rain.
* Total expected rainfall: 1.5 to 2.5 inches
* impacts: a combination of falling rain... runoff from snow
melt... and a frozen ground over portions of the area will cause
river rises as well as standing water across the area.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
Nearby Radar Stations