Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 3:53 PM EST on December 08, 2013
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 4 am EST
* accumulations... a very thin glaze of ice... less than one tenth
of an inch. Little or no snow accumulation.
* Timing... light snow and flurries will continue off and on early
this evening. The development of light freezing rain or freezing
drizzle will occur shortly after dark. The threat for light
freezing rain or freezing drizzle will continue through the
* Winds... east at 5 to 10 mph becoming south.
* Impacts... light ice accumulation can make roads slick...
requiring lower speeds and greater distances between vehicles
* Temperatures... temperatures will warm a few degrees overnight
but are expected to remain near or below freezing.
* Visibilities... visibilities may be reduced in light snow or
fog to around 3 miles.
A Winter Weather Advisory is normally issued for a variety of
winter weather conditions such as light snow... blowing snow...
sleet... freezing rain and wind chills. While the weather will be
significant. The word advisory implies that severe winter weather
is not anticipated. Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio for further
details or updates.
Nearby Radar Stations