Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 10:07 PM EST on December 08, 2013
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 9 am EST
* accumulations... a very thin glaze of ice may occur. Little or
no snow accumulation.
* Timing... the threat of freezing drizzle will continue to
increase during the overnight and the threat will decrease after
* Winds... east 5 to 10 mph becoming south.
* Impacts... light ice accumulation can make roads slick...
requiring lower speeds and greater distances between vehicles
* Temperatures... will hold steady in the upper 20s... with a rise
to near freezing late tonight at some locations.
* Visibilities... will be frequently reduced to less than 3 miles
in precipitation and fog.
A Winter Weather Advisory is normally issued for a variety of
winter weather conditions such as light snow... blowing snow...
sleet... freezing rain and wind chills. While the weather will be
significant... the word advisory implies that severe winter
weather is not anticipated. Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio for
further details or updates.
Nearby Radar Stations