... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from noon Tuesday to 1 am
The National Weather Service in Buffalo has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for a mix of snow... freezing rain... and
sleet... which is in effect from noon Tuesday to 1 am EST
* Locations... all of the Niagara Frontier.
* Timing... from noon Tuesday through 1 am Wednesday. Snow will
develop early Tuesday afternoon then change to freezing rain and
sleet by late afternoon before changing to rain Tuesday night.
* Hazards... a mix of snow... freezing rain... and sleet.
* Accumulations... snow accumulating 1 to 2 inches. Ice
accumulation of up to a tenth of an inch.
* Visibilities... less than a mile at times.
* Impacts... snow changing to a wintry mix will result in very
slippery conditions on untreated roads... sidewalks... and parking
lots. Roads may be very slushy and slippery for the Tuesday
A Winter Weather Advisory is normally issued for a variety of
winter weather conditions such as snow... sleet... and freezing
rain. While the weather will be significant, the word advisory
implies that severe winter weather is not anticipated.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can also be found at www.Weather.Gov/Buffalo.
Report snow and ice accumulation to the National Weather Service
in Buffalo by sending an email to bufstorm.Report@noaa.Gov...
posting to the NWS Buffalo facebook Page... or tweet... using the